Welcome to Hero’s Trail, a simple and fun tutorial for new GameMaker Studio 2 users! This series demonstrates all the amazing things you can do with GameMaker at a basic level and allows you to learn all the ins and outs of the program while developing an action-adventure game!
We’ll use the Hero’s Trail template project in this part to get a quick introduction to the world of GameMaker, and in subsequent parts we’ll build upon the basic demo to create our own fully-fledged action-adventure game!
Here are the tutorial contents:
After you've had your introduction, you can jump to any topic from the list below to read about specific features, however some of them may require you to have read the previous parts as they are part of a series.
Developing Game Features
New AI enemy
- How to add a hearts system (health)
- How to draw hearts on HUD (GUI)
- How to reduce player health & apply knockback
- How to attack in all 4 directions
- How to create a heart pickup
- How to create a speed power up
- How to create an invincibility power up