GameMaker Press Play - Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 15 September 2021
Welcome to GameMaker Press Play!
GameMaker Press Play is an event focused on helping total beginners into game-making (people who either never used GMS before, or made just a few amateur projects) achieve their dreams.
The aim is to encourage beginners to send us the ideas they have for their dream game - the plot, the mechanics, the system ( see submission requirements) The most interesting/creative ideas will be rewarded (see prizes section), which will hopefully encourage the winners to pursue a career in game development.
The contest will be open for submissions from September 16th, 2021 to September 30th, 2021.
Three best projects will win:
- The help of professional game creators with the game production, for which GMS will cover the cost for up to 20 hours.
- The finished game will be promoted on the GX Approved section in GX Corner or on GXC website.
- They will also win a laptop each for working on all your future projects.
Selection of the Winners
Once all submissions are in and verified by our team at Opera and YoYo Games a Jury will decide on the winner.
The expert jury includes:
- Ross Manthorp
- Kinga Kwapisz
- Isabel Marinho
- Nathan Moorjani
The game will be judged based on the creativity and the quality of submission.
- In order to enter the contest, you must be 16 or the age of eligibility in your country.
- You must be from a country in which you are eligible to participate in similar contest.
- You must be a beginner and have not produced professionally or semi-professionally any games before that are widely available.
- You must have a registered account with YoYo Games. Link can be found here.
- Your local rules cannot forbid you from participating in the competition.
Submissions open on September 16th and end on September 30th at 11:59PM (CEST).
- The participants will have to prepare a description detailing the dream game they want to make. The description should not go over the 500 words limit and must include the following:
- Plot of the game
- Mechanics of the game
- Style of the game
- Genre of the game
- Inspiration for the game (if there is one)
- Any additional materials pertaining to the game, such as concept art or soundtrack, are welcome, but not a requirement.
- The legal ownership of the game and the idea it is based on remains in the hands of the submitting party.
- Submissions including pornographic or illegal content, racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, religious prejudice, or other forms of hate are not allowed.
By submitting your idea to GameMaker Press Play you confirm having read the rules all the rules and accept them.