YoYo Games Brand Guidelines
Last updated: 04 June 2019
Hi! This is the right place to find out more information about how we permit use of our brands and logos. We’ve taken great care in creating these, so we ask that you only use them in accordance with these guidelines.
The only logos that we allow general usage of are the GameMaker Studio 2 logos below. You can only use the YoYo Games logo in certain circumstances detailed below (e.g. if you are reporting about us in the media). You must follow these guidelines when using any of these logos.
GameMaker Studio 2 Logo
- 1) You have a valid YoYo Games account, are in good standing with YoYo Games, have built a game or a game asset using a validly-licensed copy of GameMaker Studio 2 and you want to use the GameMaker Studio 2 logo to tell the world about it;
- 2) you are one of our suppliers and creating content or products for us and we’ve asked you to include the GameMaker Studio 2 logo(s); or
- 3) you are covering us in the media and want to include the GameMaker Studio 2 logo(s) as part of your reporting.
How should I display the GameMaker Studio 2 logos? If you fall into one of the categories above, then we ask you to observe the following spacing rules when using the GameMaker Studio 2 logos:
Where should I display the GameMaker Studio 2 logos? We’re happy for developers that satisfy the conditions above to use the GameMaker Studio 2 logos in the following ways to promote their games and game assets: on a game’s splash screen, in promotional materials, in game credits, on your game store pages on game distribution platforms, on your personal websites, in game trailers and in social media posts. Any other reasonable promotional use along these lines is acceptable too.
Is there anything else? Please note – GameMaker:Studio is now end of life, so please don’t use that name or any of its associated logos anywhere. We no longer make the GameMaker:Studio logo available for use - please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about that.
Use of the YoYo Games and GameMaker Names
What if I just want to refer to YoYo Games or GameMaker by name? When referencing our company, please use ‘YoYo Games’. We’re OK with you using the name ‘GameMaker’ when referring to games or game assets created using our suite of GameMaker tools. To avoid any confusion, do not use YoYo Games or GameMaker in your company name, website address, game or other product.
Use of the YoYo Games Logo
When can I use the YoYo Games logo? You may only use this logo in the following situations:
- 1) you are one of our suppliers and creating content or products for us and we’ve asked you to include the YoYo Games logo; or
- 2) you are covering us in the media and want to include the YoYo Games logo as part of your reporting.
How should I display the YoYo Games logo? If you fall into one of the categories above, then we ask you to observe the following spacing rules when using the YoYo Games logo:
Is there anything else? Please do not use the YoYo Games logo to indicate that you have used one of our tools to create a game or a game asset – you should use the GameMaker Studio 2 logo instead as detailed above.
General Brand Usage Guidelines
- A) Please check this page regularly to ensure that you are using the most recent versions of our logos.
- B) Our logos may not be re-coloured, altered, animated, combined with other logos or used in a misleading manner.
- C) We don’t impose restrictions on whose logos come first, or whose is bigger, when used in combination with other ones. Please just observe the spacing guidelines detailed above and don’t change our logos in any way.
- D) Our names and logos may not be used on any kind of physical merchandise, in books, film or TV production (paid for or free) without our permission.
- E) You may use screenshots of our GameMaker Studio 2 development environment or our company website in print or digital format when reporting or discussing our products and services. We ask that you do not superimpose images, text, or ad copy on the screenshots or otherwise change the look of the screen-captured image.
- F) You must not use the names YoYo Games or GameMaker Studio 2 in any way that suggests your product or service is authorised or approved by us without permission. You can only use the names descriptively when referring to us, our products and services, and games and game assets created using our tools.
- G) YoYo Games does not authorise the reselling of GameMaker Studio 2 and none of our names or logos are allowed to be used for this purpose.
- H) YoYo Games reserves all rights in relation to its name and branding. We can withdraw or amend any of these permissions at any time.
Please contact us at email@example.com to ask any questions about use of our name or logos, to ask for any permissions not specified above (e.g. use of different colour versions of our logos, use on merchandise, or use of other logos not listed here such as the GameMaker Publishing logo) or to report any instances of someone using our branding other than in accordance with these guidelines.