We recently said farewell to GameMaker: Studio 1.4 as we came to the end of support. However, we promised one final update and we are happy to say GameMaker: Studio version 1.4.9999 has been released to the Beta channel!
There is a lot in this final update including a few things that we would like to highlight in this post. First of all the removal of all online connectivity within the IDE, this means the news feed has been disabled (also stops the script errors shown on startup in previous versions). Links to the Marketplace and for managing your YoYo Account have been removed so please use your browser to do this now. Demos and Tutorials now work off a download, rather than the online feeds, see this "Download Studio 1.4 Demos And Tutorials" Helpdesk FAQ for more info. Global Game Settings support for automatically downloading our third-party extensions has been removed, please download in your browser and drag the package onto the IDE to import the extension to your project.
This version also contains:
- Platforms changes and fixes for macOS, Ubuntu, Android, UWP, and HTML5.
- Changes to the default GUI size for Draw GUI events to match the application_surface size so it is more consistent cross-platform.
- Fixes have been added for the Fast-Collisions system (if you enabled this for your project in GGS).
- Fixes for the new Audio System.
- All in-game fixes in GMS2 2.1.5 (so there are a lot of fixes since 1804!) and even a few more extra fixes that have been resolved since the release of 2.1.5.
You can read all the details in full via the Release Notes: http://store.yoyogames.com/downloads/gm-studio/release-notes-studio.html
Whilst 1.4.9999 is in the Beta channel we will review your feedback on this GMC thread and review whether further fixes are required before the release is moved to the Stable branch. Please be aware that as support has ended for 1.x, we will only fix any critical or major issues, while in Beta e.g. a very easy-to-get crash from usage of the IDE. If you do have a major new issue, please let us know via that GMC thread, rather than sending a Helpdesk ticket or any other form of contacting us, so we can keep everything in one place. Thanks.
A massive thank you from all of us at YoYo Games to you for using GameMaker: Studio 1!