GameMaker: Studio 1.4 is here!
Arriving with a whole host of new features, GameMaker: Studio version 1.4 is here!
With today’s free update, developers now have access to both GameMaker: Marketplace and GameMaker: Player. With these new services, creating and sharing games made with GameMaker: Studio has never been easier.
Also, Sony and Microsoft developers can now fully take advantage of our Console exports to develop and release their GameMaker titles on PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Not only have we improved GameMaker: Studio but we have also included our compiler with all relevant export modules so you can squeeze every last drop of performance out of your game.
GameMaker: Studio 1.4 is packed with new features, making it the most powerful GameMaker environment to build your game in.
New features available in GameMaker: Studio version 1.4 include:
- GameMaker: Marketplace - Browse hundreds of scripts, sprites, sounds, and extensions, and download them straight into your games.
- GameMaker: Player - The one stop shop for all your game distribution needs. From sharing work in progress content to distributing your game to the vibrant GameMaker community, we have you covered.
- Console Exports - With the new exports for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, GameMaker: Studio now publishes to more platforms than ever before!
- Improved Audio Support - Audio groups, the new buffer system and microphone support opens up new possibilities for your games
- LiquidFun Particle Physics - This powerful, particle-based physics engine is easy to implement and fun to play with.
- More Powerful Modules - Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 now support both the YoYo Compiler and extensions.
- iOS 8 Support - With this update the iOS export supports publishing to iOS 8, the newest version of Apple’s popular operating system.
- IDE Improvements - tabbed scripts, resource filtering, and an improved image editor are just some of the new features await you in GameMaker: Studio 1.4
To learn more about GameMaker: Studio version 1.4, please visit yoyogames.com/studio/whats-new