GMC Summer Jam 2011
The GameMaker Community (GMC) have their 3rd GMC Summer Jam this weekend, 30th July 2011.
For those of you that are new to this, a brief explanation and rules are as follows :
WHAT IS IT?
The Jam is a community event that we organise to encourage people to experiment with GM and make something that will be interesting or entertaining within the limited timescale of 72 hours. The rules are pretty simple...
- Starts Saturday 30th July (This is not fixed!!! See the top vote...)
- 72 hours long from 00:01 AM GMT Saturday ...to... 23:59 PM GMT Monday
- Each Jam has a theme, and participants are encouraged to use it.
- Using the theme is NOT obligatory, but will be valued when voting.
- To encourage use of theme, the highest-voted theme-based game gets to choose the theme for next Jam.
- The theme will not be revealed until just before the start of the Jam to prevent any advantages
- Prizes will be as before... A special graphic/banner, bragging rights and (if your game is a themed game) the possibility of choosing the next Jam theme.
- Community prizes will also be offered as members of the community contribute whatever the feel appropriate. EG: Coverage on their web site, custom graphics for the game, a video of the gameplay for YouTube... Whatever
- There will be ABSOLUTELY NO MONETARY PRIZE. This is forbidden by the forum admins.
There is a list of members looking for team mates so if this is something you fancy getting involved with, PM them through the GMC ASAP. Good luck!