For US Residents: Enter to Win The Ultimate Experience from MSFT
Posted on 25 January 2013
Publish your app to the Windows Store and/or Windows Phone Store between now and February 28, 2013 to qualify for the following rewards:
- Every entrant recieves a store registration reimbursement* AND a FREE copy of Halo 4 for Xbox 360!
- A chance to win one of 12 Xbox 360 consoles with Kinect. The more apps you enter, the more chances you'll have to win.
- The Grand Prize: Three devs with the best apps will win an ultimate backstage pass to Microsoft Studios and spend the day with the Windows 8 Games Studios team—makers of Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Xbox-enabled games!
- Additional benefit for YoYo Games customers: Five Apps Will be Chosen by Microsoft and Yo-Yo Games to be highlighted on the 'Hot Apps, Cool Dev' site.
We can help you launch your app. Either create a new app that you have been building or contemplating for some time, or simply convert an existing app that you built for IOS and/or Android platforms. Here are a resource page and interactive tutorial that can help guide you through the process.
Who is eligible?
Below is a summary. Read the full T&Cs for all the details.
You are eligible to enter this contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a student, hobbyist, or professional developer in the field of software technology; and
- You are a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia 18 years of age or older;
- While there is no limit to the number of apps you can submit in this promotion, each app you submit to a single platform must be substantially unique and different. If you publish one (1) specific app on both platforms, you will receive two (2) entries.
Judging Criteria for the Ultimate Experience.
- 25% - Does the app include platform specific features: Live Tiles, Snap View, Share, and Search?
- 25% - Does the app have market potential given current application trends?
- 25% - Is the app innovative and original?
- 25% - Does the app conform to the Windows Experience and UI guidelines?
*Store Registration Reimbursement Terms: Current Windows Store and Windows Phone Store subscribers, members of DreamSpark, BizSpark, or MSDN are not eligible. Reimbursement will be awarded in the form of a Gift Card ($49 for Windows Store or $99 for Windows Phone Store). Limit one (1) reimbursement per Store per person. For full details, eligibility, and entry deadlines, see Official Rules. Participation is US Only.