Windows 8 Competition
We want your Windows 8 games!
Have you been toying with the idea of publishing your GameMaker: Studio™ game to the Windows Store? Well, wait no longer – GameMaker: Studio™'s Windows 8 support is here, and YoYo Games is offering you cool prizes for publishing your games in time for the holiday rush.
Windows 8 launches October 26th so don't delay! Publish your game by December 8th, let us know using the form below, and you'll be entered to win a $500 Visa gift card.
YoYo Games will also help spread the word by announcing the winning games on social media.
How to enter
- Get the GameMaker: Studio™ export for Windows 8 – it's free for GameMaker: Studio™ Standard, Professional and Master Collection customers.
- Register as a Windows Developer to publish your game – Student registration (free), Professional registration
- Consider incorporating some of the great new Windows 8 features available like Snap View, Live Tiles and Share functionality
- Submit your game for publishing on the Windows Store
- Once your game has been published, let us know about it before December 8th for a chance to win!
Notify us that you've submitted your game for publishing to the Windows Store by December 8th, 2012 for a chance to win. A select panel of judges from YoYo Games and Microsoft will choose up to 8 games from developers in the U.S., up to 8 games from developers in the U.K. and up to 8 games from developers from the rest of the world, based on the criteria below, and will notify winners by December 20th, 2012.
What we're looking for
- Games must be created with GameMaker: Studio™
- Implementation of key Windows 8 features including Snap View, Live Tiles and Share functionality
- Games that are unique, creative and innovative
- Games that are consumer friendly
Tools & resources
- Get GameMaker: Studio™ Standard, Professional or Master Collection
- Getting Started with Windows 8 in GameMaker: Studio™
- Planning for Quality and Windows Store App Certification
- Category inspiration for Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store Developer Blog
- Publishing Your Game to the Windows Store is as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- All games must be created with GameMaker: Studio™.
- There is no limit on entries.
- If the game was made in a team, the person who submits the game will be responsible for any prize sharing.
- Games will be judged on technical merit, originality, and overall presentation with specific emphasis on Windows 8 features including Live Tiles, Snap View and Share functionality.
- Entry to the competition is dependent on the successful self-publication of your Windows game app to the Windows Store by December 8.
- All developers are responsible for the registration fee required to register as a publisher of Apps on the Windows Store.
- Entries will be ineligible for the prize draw if they:
- are incomplete;
- violate the rights of any other person or entity; or
- are received outside of the contest period.
- Entrants warrant that the entry is their original work, has not been copied from others, and does not violate the privacy, intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity.
- You must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Microsoft is not a sponsor of the contest.
- Employees of Microsoft and YoYo Games are not eligible.
- Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these rules.
- YoYo Games is not responsible for lost, corrupted or delayed entries.
- YoYo Games reserves the right to disqualify anyone who violates these rules.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.